Alfa Matrix demo policy
Sending Your Demo To Alfa Matrix – Some Tips…
Although our repertoire appears to be very diversified, our label’s music line remains focused on electronic & industrial based music. So please avoid sending us jazz, metal, extreme experimental, pop rock and reggae.
We only accept demos on CD, CDR (audio files!) or mini-disk format. MP3’s, non-audio WAV files on CDR, downloadable files (links) or audiotapes are automatically destroyed.
- It is best to send us your 5 best tracks rather than hours of music. If the submitted material catches our attention, we will not hesitate asking for more material!
- Please add if possible a short presentation of your music project, discography & website (if any). Make sure your e-mail address (or phone number) is written on everything you send to us: CD itself, CD booklet, info sheet, etc.
- Only send us your music when you are 100% satisfied with the results. And please put as much effort into the vocal parts as you do on the music itself. Both are essential, and vocals are far too often neglected… Do not submit instrumental material on which you plan to add vocals later or for which you are not happy with the mixing quality for example! Only send us finished & complete material!
- Our address:
32 avenue albert jonnart
1200 brussels . belgium
- Recording quality must be of a certain level but we will not ask you to go to a professional studio to record your demo. Mastering on the submitted demo material is not required.
- Demo material sent to us is never returned to the sender.
- We listen to all demos on a “first in / first out” basis. Due to the quantity of submissions we receive per week, it usually takes us between 1 and 2 months to listen to demos once it’s received.
- After having heard your music, we have 3 options: 01: we cannot offer you any collaboration with us and we inform you per e-mail, 02: we enjoy your music and ask for more material while giving you some tips, 03: we contact you and check the possibility of working together.
- With the quantity of demos we receive, please understand that it is impossible for us to give you detailed feedback, unless we think a collaboration with Alfa Matrix is possible in the near future.
- Just like colours, music is a question of taste, so do not worry, if Alfa Matrix decides to pass on your material, remember that there are many other record labels that might be interested in your work. Also please consider that our roster cannot be endlessly extended, so it’s not always possible for us to work with everyone.